The Leaning Tree Lodge is located in the South end of the Bitterroot Valley 5 miles South of the quaint rustic little town of Darby with many shops to explore. The Leaning Tree Lodge has spectacular views of Trapper Peak and is surrounded by the Bitterroot & Sapphire Mountains.
The lodging facility has 5 very comfortable rooms with a private bath option in one of the rooms. We are also handicap accessible including the bathrooms and the interior of facility. The spacious showers are supplied with top shelf local all natural shampoos & lotions. Beautiful outdoor grounds for lounging and a gas fireplace to sit around in the evenings to share the days events with your favorite libation.
Beautiful Lake Como which is nestled in the heart of the Bitterroot Mountains is less than a 20 minute drive from the Lodge. The lake offers boating, hiking, swimming, & fishing. If winter skiing is your thing, Lost Trail Powder Mountain is 25 miles away, it has premier runs with some of the best powder in the State.
The Leaning Tree Lodge is also available as a vacation rental which gives you full use of all the 5 bedrooms on the lower floor. This includes the well furnished living & dining room area and the fully equipped chefs kitchen & outdoor grill.
Standard Lodging $95.00 per night.
Room with private bath $105.00 per night.
State lodging & local county tax not included.
All overnight lodging rooms come with a Continental Style Breakfast providing a nice selection of items to get your day started.
VACATION RENTAL RATES:
$300.00 per night (2 night minimum) with an additional $100.00 cleaning fee.
Facility is open year around. Unfortunately no pets allowed except service dogs.
We invite you to enjoy your time in the pristine heart of Western Montana.
Gene & Nedra Tomasco
Your hosts, Gene & Nedra Tomasco
The Leaning Tree Lodge offers fully Guided & Outfitted Fly Fishing trips. We focus on the main Bitterroot River which flows through the pristine and one of the most beautiful valleys in Montana. We also float what is known as “THE FORKS” which is the West & East Forks of the Bitterroot River in the upper valley known for its world class Dry Fly fishing. We also offer scenic river tours described in the link below.
All of the guides have many, many years of Fly Fishing experience and know their waters so you can have a great and rewarding trip of a lifetime.
The Leaning Tree Lodge is equipped to provide great accommodations and has a fly tying desk area. Let our experience be in control of your Fly Fishing Adventure!
Mike Moline Outfitter #7018
West Fork $600.00 1 or 2 Anglers (full day)
Main Bitterroot $550.00 1 or 2 Anglers (full day)
Half Day Trips 3-4 hrs $350.00 (snacks & beverages included)
All full day trips include streamside lunch, instruction & flies.
2 boats, 1 person per boat based on double occupancy $750.00. (full day)
1 person, 1 boat $425.00 (full day) ..
Due to limited usage days, trips are booked on a first come first booked basis until days are full.
Packages are available which would include lodging at The Leaning Tree Lodge 5 miles South of Darby and your desired fishing trip.
The Leaning Tree Lodge also offers scenic river tours on the same local Blue Ribbon rivers and streams located in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley.
While staying at Leaning Tree Lodge, if fly fishing is not your thing and you want to see the beauty of the Bitterroot Valley and the Bitterroot River, please consider a scenic raft trip that takes you through the heart of the Valley. We offer trips that are designed to ensure you will have a memorable and scenic experience. All trips include transportation to and from the Leaning Tree Lodge.
-Full Day Trip, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 8 hours.
Trip includes a riverside lunch, soft drinks and snacks.
-Half Day Trip, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 6 hours.
Trip includes soft drinks and snacks.
-Evening Wildlife Float, 1 or 2 persons, approximately 3-4 hours.
Trip includes snacks to accompany your favorite, self-provided, libation.
4485 Thorning Loop Darby, Montana 59829
(406) 821-0076 or (503) 539-5679
Call or email for reservations today!
(406) 821-0076 or (503) 539-5679
You need to install and activate the WooCommerce Shop Plugin to display WooCommerce Products
Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is not the same as making a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking a room. For this reason we uphold a strict cancellation policy:
• Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of their actual arrival or departure date.
• No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
• Should you cancel outside of 10 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a $30/room/night Administration/Re-booking fee.
• Cancellations (including changes) made 9 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival forfeit the 50% deposit and if the room is unable to be re-booked, the full reservation value will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Any and all rescheduled reservations will require the full financial payment by the Guest, and the deposit is not transferrable to another stay. There are no exceptions to this policy including sickness, family emergencies, or weather related issues.
• • Individual guests within a group/whole house booking are subject to the terms defined for a whole house rental. If the number of rooms drops below five from a rental that originates as a whole house rental, the group’s reservation is still subject to the terms of a whole house booking.
30 DAYS NOTICE (or more) of Cancellation is Required for Refund of Deposit for These Circumstances (subject to Cancellation/Rebooking Fees):
• A group booking of two to four rooms.
• Reservations during the premium weekends listed above.
• Groups with Whole House Rentals require a 30 day notice for cancellation for a full deposit refund (less administrative fees per room). Cancellations before 30 days will forfeit their 50% deposit. Cancellations less than 30 days notice will be charged the entire cost of the reserved stay.